August 10, 2008

Visit to my vet surgeon

By winecountrydog Tilin Corgi

Here's a bit of show-and-tell about my last veterinary checkup with wonderful surgeon, Russ Gurevitch, DVM.

What a nice human and great surgeon Dr. Gurevitch is. You can see me enjoying a treat with Dr. G. You can see my shaved back, too. That's where my nine-inch surgical incision was.

Tilin Corgi enjoying treat from Dr. Gurevitch
Dr. G performed an incredibly successful major surgery on my spine. I'm so lucky to be able to walk. Dr. G's been checking my progress and talking things over with me ever since the surgery.

me and Dr. Gurevitch
I asked Dr. G how he thinks I'm doing. He said I still have mild neurological deficits. This is actually good news for a dog like me. Remember, I wouldn't have been able to walk or go to the bathroom without surgery.

Dr. G made a bunch of notes about my progress.

Dr. G taking notes about me
I'm eternally grateful for Dr. Gurevitch's help.

I've met other dogs in the Sonoma/Marin area who are barking out big thanks to Dr. G for amazing surgeries on knees, hips, backs, and other doggie places. I'll be paw-writing some stories about these dog buddies.

I'm a grateful dog
You know, dog-ma is so grateful for my surgery and recovery that she gets almost too choked up to talk about it. Dog-ma and I are awfully tight after living together for 10-1/2 years. Howl, I can't picture life without us being together.

Pawnote: If you'd like to consult SF North Bay surgeon Russ Gurevitch, DVM, call Veterinary Referral Surgical Service in Petaluma, California, at 707-778-6065.

No comments: