Grrreat pumpkin monster looks sad this Howloween season 2014.
Meezer kitty luvin Mum's pumpkin soup. But our 1st Howloween without Tilin Corgi be kind o' solemn. Everybuddy missing old furbro.
Tilin always confurronted scary pumpkin monsters and kept us safe on Howloween. 'Ere is brave Tilin confurrontin' pumpkin monster in October 2013, hiswoofself's last Howloween with us.
Myself has got to be brrrave corgi now!
Put ta bitey on scary monsters!
Ooooops. . . . Turns out ta scary alien invaders twere not dangerous. Ackchewlly just cookie monsters wot Mum made spawcifically as Halloween dog treat for mywoofself.
Furry simple recipe, Mum sez:
ALIEN INVADER DOG TREATS
Preparation time 10 - 15 minutes. No cooking involved. Recommended for slim, healthy dogs.
12 Pretzel Rods - allowing one or two rods per dog
(Use fresh pretzels, and preferably organic, e.g. Newman's Own Organics brand.)
6 oz. tub freshly ground, pure Peanut Butter
(Grind your own PB at local gourmet grocer or food co-op!)
12 pairs Candy Eyeballs
(Look for Wilton brand candy eyeball decorations, which are approx. 0.43 inch diameter.)
Jars or cups - sufficient size and number to hold finished Alien Invaders without touching each other.
- Scrape salt crystals off pretzel rods. Try using fingernail as a scraper. Don't worry about removing every last salt crystal. (A dog should get a bit of salt in her diet -- unless the dog is on a no-salt diet for health reasons.)
- Coat about half the length of each pretzel rod with peanut butter: The coated end will become the alien's head. Dip rod into peanut butter and twirl to coat surface. Or use a tablespoon, dipping it into the PB and spreading it on the rod. Cover the pretzel surface, but don't create a thick PB coat.
- Press two candy eyeballs into the peanut butter "head" of each pretzel rod.
- Stand finished Alien Invader "head up" in jar so as not to touch other treats.
- Refrigerate jars of treats right away if not serving immediately. Should be eaten same day.
Paw note: Dogs usually insist that Alien Invaders be attacked and nommed immediately!